Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Give Thanks to the Lord

Dear Lord,
     Thank you feels like such an insignificant word. Especially when brought before the creator of the heavens and the earth, but thank you is all I have. Thank you for my life. Thank you that as I sit here and breathe in  and out, I do so without struggle. Thank you for my health. Thank you that I don't worry everyday I wake if this will be the last I get to spend with my family. Thank you for my family. Thank you for the way they shaped and molded me as I grew. Thank you for giving me the best mother you possibly could have, one that taught me what it means to care about people and to think of yourself less. Thank you for this new family  I have and am growing with Lance. Thank you for sending me a man that loves You more than he loves me. Thank you that I don't ever truly question his love for me. Thank you for his servant heart that is displayed to me daily. Thank you for giving me a husband to share this life with. Thank you for granting me the most wonderful privilege to be Brody's momma. Thank you for his sweet spirit, his kind, tender heart. Thank you for the many expressions that pass across his face daily. Thank you that although we may be worrying and struggling with his ears, that he is healthy and so smart and thriving. Thank you for our cozy, warm house that is ours. Thank you for a job that I get to serve people during their most troubling times. Thank that this job allows me to be at home four days a week. Thank you for making me a passionate person who really feels everything. Thank you for our wonderful church family that demonstrates Your love and fellowship so beautifully. Thank you for the many opportunities you present before us to serve there. Thank you for my wonderful Dgroup girls. Thank you for the close group of friends you have given us that we get to do life together. Thank you for allowing me to live in this beautiful, free country. Thank you for allowing me to live in Oklahoma where people talk a little slower and love a little deeper, where homes are always open and ready to help. Thank you for sunrises that remind me that Your mercies are new every morning. Thank you for the brilliance You have displayed in clouds that remind me You are the Great Creator. Thank you for technology that allows me to stay connected to people in a way that has never been possible before. Thank you for music that speaks deep down to my soul and helps me heal, rejoice, praise, mourn and love. Thank you for coffee and the way it brightens my day. Thank you for Your son. Thank you that while I was still a sinner Christ died for ME. Thank you that You don't love in the way that I love, Your's is greater than any love could ever be imagined. Thank you for Your Word that is so readily available to me any time in any place. Thank you for brilliant Christian scholars who have poured their lives into understanding your Word thoroughly so that I might understand Your word a little better. Thank you for this time of year for the joy and memories that flood it and the wonderful memories to be made. Thank you just doesn't ever seem like enough. But it's all I have to give. Thank You Lord, Thank You.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

No comments:

Post a Comment