Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I hate it when this happens!

This is an amazing tip y'all. It's unbelievable how it works; check it out....

My boys LOVE bananas! We go through quite a few in a week. Lance likes them green and gross and Brody likes them yellow. This week we had a couple that didn't get eaten and I have been waiting for them to turn that perfect color of brown. Well today was the day. I got my recipe out and started whipping it out. I got to "mix in 2 eggs," so I get my eggs out and bam. I only have one left. Crap. Brody has just started his nap so I know we're stuck her for a couple hours. So I turn to google and there it is. What to substitute an egg for. You mix 1 Tbs corn starch in 3 tbs water and add it to the mix. I was extremely skeptical as I waited for the bread to cook. Take a look!




It worked! The bread was great! It had a crispier top than I normal have, but I also tried a new recipe this time so I'm not sure if that wasn't part of it as well. I hate it when I have my mind all made up to make something and realize I'm missing an ingredient (or several). I love little tips like this that make it work. The tip does not recommend substituting any more than 2 eggs, and I would be hesitant to use it instead of any eggs, but works good when you're in a jam like this. Hope y'all can use it some time!

Oh and here's the recipe I used this time. I've been looking for "the banana bread" recipe, so please share if you have a great one!

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten (or one plus the substitute in my case)
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas 



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.


Blessings Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment