Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm Back! And fun on the Fourth!

Hello there! I've been absent for a bit while we've had some major life changes going on. I have cut back from working full time, and now only work two days a week. This was a major answer to prayers for us. I have always dreamed of being able to stay at home full time and raise babies. That has never been a financial option for us though. We've made some financial tweaks, and thanks to the flexibility of my job, I now get to be at home more! It is such a blessing to be able to spend so much time with Brody! We are definitely learning to budget better, looking for ways to save money, and having lots of fun and adventures!
Speaking of fun, yesterday was the fourth of July! I hope everyone had a great time celebrating our independence and the blessing that it is to live in a free country! Yesterday was a little bit crazy for us, but hey, it wouldn't be our life with out a little crazy huh? I woke up early to run with some very dear friends, and hit a milestone! I ran four miles for the first time! Whoo hoo! Then came home to start the fun fourth festivities! We started with a patriotic breakfast for me and Brody (Lance isn't a breakfast eater). Thank you Pinterest for the yummy idea! It's just toast, strawberry jelly, bananas and blueberries! Brody loved it!
I was on call for the OR on the fourth and got called in not long after we had breakfast. I worked for about five hours while Lance and Brody played at home. I then came straight home to cook for our evening plans. Every year we go to a close family friends house for a fish fry, swimming, wiffle ball game and fireworks show. I took cheesy corn casserole by request and made some yummy dessert kabobs that I forgot to get a picture of. Fail. They were so cute though! I dipped marshmallows in red and blue candy melts, then added strawberries, and red and blue marbled vanilla cake that I cut into star shapes with a cookie cutter.
 We had so much fun at the party! The family lives on a ranch and have horses, cows and lots of land. Brody loves roaming around there property looking at animals and playing on the tractors! I didn't get any pictures of the afternoon because we were too busy roaming. :) We then settled in for some fire works and I managed to get a shot of my boys enjoying the show.


We didn't get home until almost eleven and little man was so tired, he slept until 8:30 this morning! Score!
Have a blessed day y'all! See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That toast looks delish! Thanks for linking up.

    Stephanie @ My Messmerized Life

    ReplyDelete