Saturday, October 13, 2012

Homemade Caramel In a Can!

 
     I love caramel; especially in the fall! I hate unwrapping 60 candies and constantly standing over a stove though. So when I saw this easy peasy way to make caramel, I had to try it! 

All you need is a can of sweetened condensed milk, a big pot, and a couple of hours. 

Take the wrapping off of your can of sweetened condensed milk and just cover it with water in a big pot. Make sure the can is laying on its side. Bring to a boil, then decrease the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 2-2.5 hours. You will have to periodically add more water periodically to make sure the can stays submerged. 


And after a couple hours you have this deliciousness...


We ate it almost immediately and it was good but not the GREATEST caramel I've ever had. But, tonight I had some more that I dipped apples in to and it was much better after it had chilled in the fridge. It hadn't firmed up too much that I wasn't able to dip in it. I liked how smooth is was too. It wasn't sticking to my teeth like crazy. 

Verdict: Definitely making it again. It was absolutely delicious after chilled in the fridge a bit. It was super smooth and by far the easiest caramel I've ever made. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment