Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thievery Plain and Simple

     One of my dear friends blogs over at Life With Lucas and she does a great weekly post called "Wednesday Love" where she shares her favorite things with you. I am totally stealing her idea (hope that's ok, Audra), so go check out the brilliance. :) Like right now. Go, I'll wait :).
     Welcome back! A vital part of my morning (or late morning, or afternoon, or late afternoon, or...) is my cup of coffee. I love coffee y'all. Like really love it, and drink about 4-5 cups a day. These cups are not usually back to back, and have enough time lapse between that a pot of coffee would need to be remade in order to ensure optimal sippage. Don Don Don....Insert the Keurig!




    My mother-in-law got me this for Christmas last year and I love this baby. Hot, steamy cup of deliciousness in under a minute. There are so many different flavors to choose from, you'll never get tired of "the same ol', same ol'." My current favorite is Island Coconut, it's the perfect summer coffee. They not only have coffee, but tons of teas to choose from, and hot chocolate too. I will say the one hot chocolate we've tried I wasn't a huge fan of, but I don't really care for any type of instant hot chocolate. It's just too watery for me.
     On the model I have you have three different size choices. For coffee I always go with the biggest (which is coffee mug sized) and it never tastes weak. I like my hot tea really strong, so I choose the middle setting for it, and it works perfect. You can also adjust temperature on it, and set a timer to turn the Keurig on and off. It takes less than a minute to brew a cup of coffee, but it takes 3-4 minutes to "warm up" when you first turn it on. I set mine to turn on at 5:15 so it's all ready on and warmed up by the time I'm ready for a cup of coffee.
     I will say it can get expensive. Yes, it cost more than coffee from a plain old pot, but sometimes you gotta pay for convenience. You can also get a reusable K-cup that you just fill up with your favorite ground coffee each time. Voila, money saved :).
     This is by far one of my favorite gifts I have received, and use it every single day. Keep that old pot around though when you are making coffee for a houseful though, it is more time consuming and much more expensive to make a single cup for everyone one at a time.

Have a blessed Wednesday y'all. This is the day the Lord has made! Rejoice! Be Glad! (Psalm 118:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment