Monday, October 21, 2013

Living a Spirit Led Life


A few weeks ago I went with about several women from my church to a Women Of Faith Conference in Kansas City. I haven't been to an event like this since I was in High School and we attend CIY conferences. I was so excited about this event. I was especially looking forward to the event because of the theme, "Believe God Can Do Anything." I have seen God move in mighty ways in my life recently and was ready to celebrate that fact! What I didn't anticipate was the stirring the Spirit was going to begin in me while I was there.

I've always been unsure about God's plan for my life. Did he want me to be a nurse, a teacher, a business women, a writer, a stay at home mom? There are a few things I have always been sure about though. I knew God wanted to use me in a mighty way. I knew God placed a passion in my heart for people. I knew God gave me the gift of gab. But how am I supposed to use these things?

Currently I am an RN in an intensive care unity in a nearby hospital. I love my job. I love helping people, I love being able to be a light to them in some seriously dark times. I love that I am able to get full time hours done in three days and be at home with my sweet boy the other four days a week. But is this where God is calling me to? I know God is calling me here now, for this season, but I can't help but feel this stirring in my heart for something else. I want to preach, teach, lead, and live life side by side with women in some practical way. I want to be a light in this dark world. I want to live a Spirit led life.

I've always said I have three jobs here on this earth, 1) Love God, 2) Love People, and 3) make sure people know God loves them too. I am a firm believer that God can use you wherever you are doing whatever it is you're doing. As long as you live your life doing these three jobs, whatever you do as a career, whoever it is you're surrounded by, that is your ministry.

I have no idea what God is going to do with these promptings I feel on my heart. I have no idea what doors are going to be opened. But I do know I'm here. I'm waiting. I believe God can take this simple girl from Oklahoma and use her in mighty ways, whether it be staying right put where I am in the ICU, or whether He's going to blow open doors I never thought possible. But I do know I'm ready, patiently waiting and living a Spirit led life.


No comments:

Post a Comment